CeltTim's BlogSpot

The rantings and life stuff of an ordinary guy with an extraordinary vocabulary.

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Note to Myself: Mystery Boxes Not Worth the Mystery

So, my obsession for Funko Pops led me to seeking out the season's Mystery Boxes from Gamestop and Walmart. Note to self: don't do that again!

The Walmart boxes were easy enough to get -- they appeared at my local store in Stow a few days before Black Friday. At $20 each, I picked up three, hoping to get the Killer Croc Impopster Pop Vinyl. The first box I opened held:
Huzzah! The Pop I wanted and some other stuff that I didn't care about. The next two boxes held the same thing. All the Walmart boxes had the same pop, despite the multitude of logos on the outside. Had I known this, I would have settled for one box.

Then on Thanksgiving night/Black Friday morning, my buddy Nick convinced me at 2;30 a.m. to drive to North Canton and wait outside the Gamestop store until it opened at 5:00 a.m. I bought three of the boxes, again at $20 each, hoping for a metallic yellow Power Ranger Pop. What I got was:
Two different Dragon Ball Z Pops and other stuff I didn't care about. Neither Nick nor I ended up with the Yellow Power Ranger or the chase gold variant.

Other than the one Impopster figure I actually wanted, I sold the rest on eBay. After making some poor selling choics, I ended up breaking even and (hopefully) learning my lesson. Screw Mystery Boxes.

We'll see if I remember that lesson the next time Hot Topic releases some cool ones...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home