CeltTim's BlogSpot

The rantings and life stuff of an ordinary guy with an extraordinary vocabulary.

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Cataract Surgery

Almost two months ago, I woke one morning to cloudy vision in my right eye. Not unusual, but blinking and drops didn't make it clear. At first I thought I had a sinus infection that was affecting my vision. A trip to my GP got me a referral to Dr. Beyer at the Novus Clinic. He confirmed that I had a fast-growing cataract, unusual in someone my age and often brought on by steroid use.

The soonest I could get scheduled for surgery was over a month away. It has been a long month, unable to see out of one eye, having difficulty reading and driving at night.

Surgery was this morning. Here is the last photo of my eye as natural created it:
And here it is, post-surgery with the stylist eye patch I have to wear until tomorrow:
Follow-up appointment tomorrow...

1 Comments:

At 1:46 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Looking very fashionable with that eye patch Tim. It must have been a massive hassle to have had poor vision for a whole month but, hey, at least you've done it now. People are often afraid of getting eye operations, but in my - limited - experience you're always better off going with the professionals. Good luck going forward Tim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home