CeltTim's BlogSpot

The rantings and life stuff of an ordinary guy with an extraordinary vocabulary.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

R.I.P. Plymouth Acura... Hello Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

I have to say, Progressive Insurance did an excellent job of settling my claim fast. I never needed to use the rental car provision because I has a check in my hand within days of making my claim. Because my Acura was so old (1991) they decided to total it. It's sad, because the damage really wasn't that bad. But, upward and onward. As Cervantes said in Man of LaMancha, "In last year's nests, there are no birds this year."

And so, the search was on to get a new vehicle. Jeremy loaned me his truck, but I didn't want to take advantage of his kindness for too long. After years of riding low to the ground, mostly so Jake could climb into my vehicle for his 3X weekly trips to daycare, I decided I wanted a truck or SUV again. Jeremy and I looked at a few trucks, but all were problematic.

Then, I spotted an ad on craigslist for a '99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in Barberton. I went to look at it, took a test drive and decided on the spot that it was what I wanted. It has a 3" lift kit and is just a big, badass piece of machinery. The motor has that deep-throated rumble, like a diesel, that I just love.

So, I took Uber to pick it up, got the tags and title done all in the same day.

Behold, the new Timobile:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home